Desert Rocks Music Festival
The 2009 Desert Rocks Music Festival is seeking to be Utah’s first “Zero-Waste” and 100% carbon neutral music festival!
MOAB, Utah — Desert Rocks seeks to set a precedent amongst the festival community by committing itself to creating a sustainability-minded festival that will leave a positive legacy for its festival family, the communities that Desert Rocks touches, and the magnificent outdoor arena of Moab! Desert Rocks 2009 will be partnering with Zerohero Events www.zeroheroevents.org of Ft. Collins, CO to implement a greening program.
Desert Rocks 09 will implement the following initiatives as part of its greening program:
- Three-stream zero waste management (trash, recycling and compost) in venue
- Renewable energy use of biodiesel B2 in place of diesel
- Compostable product use by all vendors
- Festival carbon offsetting
- An around the clock Green Team
- Leave no trace campsite waste management
- Educational messaging and outreach program
- Artist participation
- Local non-profit group participation
- Carpool and rideshare encouragement
- Green Center area for games, a silent auction, children’s activities and other fun projects
Desert Rocks Greening will be made possible with the help of Escape Adventures, a mountain biking and adventure tourism group based at Moab Cyclery in Moab, UT. Both will be at Desert Rocks providing bike rentals and tours onsite! Don't miss out on biking some of the most incredible terrain of southwest America while at Desert Rocks 2009!