Gateway Guide - Portland & Bend
Contact your favorite airline for schedules and rates to the Portland Airport.
If you have arranged an Escape Adventures shuttle from Portland to Bend, our shuttle picks up at the Courtyard Portland Airport.
From Portland... It's about 160 miles between Portland and Bend. It takes about four hours to travel between the two cities. To get to Bend from Portland, take US-26 south to US-97 south.
From Eugene... The distance from Eugene to Bend is about 120 miles of two hours. From Eugene, Oregon, take Route 126 east across Santiam Pass to Route 20 south. Take Route 20 to Route 97. See "…FROM THE 97"
From the 97... Once in Bend exit Highway 97 on Reed Market Road towards Mt. Bachelor (exit 139). At the top of the ramp take a right on to Reed Market Road. You will then go straight through three round-abouts, cross the Deschutes River, and go straight through another round-about. Very shortly you will come to the final round-about. Turn right on to Century Drive (3/4 around the round-about, this would be considered a left if it were a four way stop), towards Mount Bachelor. Seventh Mountain Resort is 5.1 miles up the road on the left hand side. On this stretch of road you enter the Deschutes National Forest and pass a golf course.
Car Rentals: Thrifty 800-367-2277; National 800-227-7368; Avis 800-331-1212; Alamo 800-327-9633; Hertz 800-654-3131
For driving directions to The Inn of the Seventh Mountain in Bend from your location visit MapQuest or Google Maps.
Escape Adventures shuttle leaving for Hood River meet at the Courtyard Portland Airport.
- Courtyard Portland Airport 11550 NE Airport Way Portland, Oregon 97220
- Holiday Inn Convention Center, Portland Airport, (503) 256-5000, 8439 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97220
- Travelodge Portland Airport, (503) 255-1400, 9727 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97220
- Econo Lodge @ I-205, (503) 252-6666, 9520 N.E. Sandy Blvd., Portland, OR, US, 97220
Escape Adventures trips leaving from Bend meet at The Inn of the Seventh Mountain.
- Inn of the Seventh Mountain: 18575 SW Century Drive Bend, OR 97702. Phone: (541) 382-8711
- Other listings: Visit Bend.com
Leaving your car in Portland or Bend
Most of our meeting spots are at hotels that allow guests to leave their vehicle there while on tour. If you do not plan on being a guest at the hotel you should contact them ahead of time to find out regulations and possible fees associated with leaving your vehicle.
Other sights in the area
- Raft the Deschutes River
- Central Oregon Visitors Association
- Portland Attractions/Things to do
- Portland Museums
- Portland Culture
Visit the Weather Channel website for a seasonal chart for Portland or Bend.
** The weather in Portland will be different from the weather during the duration the tour. Please check your itinerary for specific weather key words. **
Suggested Reading Material
- Best Places Portland: The Locals' Guide to the Best Restaurants, Lodgings, Sights, Shopping, and More!, by John Gottberg
- Hidden Oregon: Including Portland, the Coast, Cascades, and Columbia River Gorge, by Maria Lenhart
* Escape Adventure shuttles are available from Portland to Bend for tours beginning in Bend.