Gateway Guide - New Mexico
Contact your favorite airline for schedules and rates to the Albuquerque International Sunport. If you have arranged an Escape Adventures shuttle from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, our shuttle picks up at the Sheraton Airport Hotel near the airport.
There are also a few public shuttles that run regularly between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. You can reach Sandia Shuttle Express at 888-775-5696 or Herrera Shuttles at 888-833-2300.
Driving... From Albuquerque to Santa Fe
Escape Adventures trips leaving from Santa Fe meet at the Inn of the Alameda. The distance between Albuquerque and Santa Fe is approximately 58 miles. It takes about an hour and a half to get there.
If you drive, take the I-25 north from Albuquerque for about 60 miles. Exit at Exit #284 (Old Pecos Trail). Turn left on to Old Pecos Trail and follow it north towards down town. Pass through two sets of traffic lights (Old Las Vegas Highway and Zia Road). At third traffic light (St. Michael's Drive) bear right in order to stay on Old Pecos Trail. Pass through traffic light at the intersection of Cordova Road and continue until you reach Paseo de Peralta. Turn right at this traffic light. Paseo de Peralta will veer to the left after one block. The Inn is located at the next traffic light, on the right, at the northeast corner of East Alameda and Paseo de Peralta.
The driving time from Albuquerque to the Inn is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Car Rentals: Thrifty 800-367-2277; National 800-227-7368; Avis 800-331-1212; Alamo 800-327-9633; Hertz 800-654-3131
Leaving your car in Albuquerque or Santa Fe
Most of our meeting spots are at hotels that allow guests to leave their vehicle there while on tour. If you do not plan on being a guest at the hotel you should contact them ahead of time to find out regulations and possible fees associated with leaving your vehicle.
Escape Adventures' shuttles to Santa Fe leave from the Sheraton Airport Hotel.
- Sheraton Airport Hotel, (505) 843-7000, 2910 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
- Comfort Inn. 2300 Yale Blvd SE Albuquerque, NM 87106 505-243
- Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, 1920 Yale Boulevard, Albuquerque, NM 87106 505-843-6600
In Santa Fe:
Escape Adventures trips leaving from Santa Fe meet at the Hilton of Santa Fe.
- Hilton of Santa Fe, 100 Sandoval Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501 1-800-336-3676
- La Posada de Santa Fe, 330 East Palace Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501 866-331-ROCK or 505-986-0000
- Inn on the Alameda, 303 East Alameda, Santa Fe, NM 87501 888-984-2121
Other sights in the area
- Albuquerque Rafting
- Albuquerque Self-guided tours
- Albuquerque Natural History Museum
- Albuquerque Skyway
- Santa Fe Astronomy
- Santa Fe Museums: The Museum of New Mexico, The O'Keefe Museum, Santa Fe Children's Museum
- Spas - Body of Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Day Trips
Visit the Weather Channel website for a seasonal chart for Albuquerque or Santa Fe.
** The weather in Santa Fe will be different from the weather during the duration the tour. Please check your itinerary for specific weather key words. **
Suggested Reading Material
- Hidden New Mexico: Including Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, and the Enchanted Circle, by Richard Harris
- Frommer's Santa Fe, Taos and Albuquerque (Frommer's Travel Guides), by Lesley King
- The Santa Fe Guide, by Waite Thompson, With Richard M. Gottlieb
- Near Horizons: A Weekender's Guide to Easy Getaways from Albuquerque, by M. J. Cain, Cirrelda Snider (Illustrator)
Escape Adventure shuttles are available from Albuquerque, NM to Santa Fe, NM for ALL of our tours departing from Santa Fe.